Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Lisa

Dear Lisa,

Happy Belated Birthday! November 24 or 26th right? That makes us both 45.  Can you believe it 45?  The older I get the more I raise the bar as to what old is.  Right now 99 is the new old.  I like it that way.  I won't need to raise the bar for awhile. I think that is a good thing because I don't think I can raise it much more than 99 so now I hope we are both feeling young. Considering you and I met at 14 and 31 years have gone by, oh wait, now I feel old again.

It has been several years and I decided to let you know that I have indeed never forgotten you.  You once told me that you had described me to someone else as an angel God placed in your life. I wanted you to remember that God doesn't and did not go back on his word because imperfect me never has forgotten you.

I guess there was a point where each of us through the years tried to change one another.  You in high school, me later on.  If growing older and hopefully more mature has taught me anything that would be how important it is to accept one another where we are. Please accept my apologies for the times I did not live up to that.

Lisa, you will always be a sister to me and I will always be here for you. I will always be that angel on your shoulder. If by chance the both of us are alive at age 99 then I will say it again.

Love Jul

No comments: